Participation in the Financial Sector Assessment Program
The table below shows information, provided by the IMF and the World Bank as of November 2019, on the status of FSAPs and publication of DARs for FSB jurisdictions.
|FSB Jurisdiction||Latest FSAP completed1||Reports published2||Ongoing and future FSAPs3|
|Argentina||Jul 20134||yes4||yes (2011)5||yes (2011)5||yes (2011)5|
|Australia||Feb 2019||yes||yes||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7|
|Brazil||Nov 2018||yes||yes||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7|
|Canada||Jun 2019||yes||yes (2014)7||yes (2014)7||yes (2014)7|
|France||Jul 2019||yes||yes (2013)7||yes (2013)7||yes (2013)7|
|Germany||Jun 2016||yes||yes||yes (2011)7||yes (2011)7||2021|
|Hong Kong||May 2014||yes||yes||yes||yes||2020|
|India||Dec 2017||yes||yes||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7|
|Indonesia||Jun 2017||yes||yes (2010)7||yes||yes (2010)7|
|Japan||Jul 2017||yes||yes||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7|
|Mexico||Nov 2016||yes||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7||2021|
|Netherlands||Apr 2017||yes||yes (2011)7||yes (2011)7||yes (2011)7|
|Saudi Arabia||Oct 2017||yes||yes (2011)7||not assessed||yes (2011)7|
|Singapore||Jul 2019||yes||yes (2013)7||yes (2013)7||yes (2013)7|
|South Africa||Dec 2014||yes||yes||yes||yes||2020|
|Spain||Oct 2017||yes||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7||yes (2012)7|
|Switzerland||Jun 2019||yes||yes (2014)7||yes (2014)7||yes (2014)7|
|Turkey||Feb 2017||yes||yes||yes||no (2006)6||2021|
|United Kingdom||Jun 2016||yes||yes||yes (2011)7||yes (2011)7||2021|
|United States||Jul 2015||yes||yes||yes||yes||2020|
|European Union||Jul 2018||yes8||yes8||n/a||n/a|
FSAP = Financial Sector Assessment Program. DAR = Detailed Assessment Report on the observance of standards and codes. FSSA = Financial Stability Assessment. BCPs = Basel Committee on Banking Supervision’s Basel Core Principles. ICPs = International Association of Insurance Supervisors’ Insurance Core Principles. IOSCO = International Organization of Securities Commissions’ Objectives and Principles of Securities Regulation. n/a = Not Applicable.
Note: The IMF has made it mandatory for 29 jurisdictions with systemically important financial sectors to undergo FSAP assessments every five years. These include all FSB member jurisdictions except Argentina, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia and South Africa. These FSAP assessments are now formally part of IMF Article IV consultations.
- Refers to the month that the Financial System Stability Assessment (FSSA) report was published by the IMF, except in the case of Argentina (see footnote 4).
- Refers to reports prepared as part of the latest FSAP (unless otherwise indicated). These include the FSSA and the DARs (Detailed Assessment Reports on the observance of standards and codes) on the BCBS’s Basel Core Principles (BCPs), the IAIS’s Insurance Core Principles (ICPs), and IOSCO’s Objectives and Principles of Securities Regulation.
- The dates, which refer to the calendar year of the concluding FSAP mission, are indicative and subject to change. For a number of FSB jurisdictions whose concluding FSAP missions take place in 2019-20, offsite FSAP work and the first on-site visit are already underway.
- The FSSA of Argentina was completed in 2013 and published in February 2016.
- Stand-alone ROSCs for Argentina were completed in October 2011.
- The last IOSCO assessment (not published) for Turkey dates back to 2006.
- The published DARs date back to an earlier FSAP.
- Refers to the Euro Area.